You Want To Know 20 Things About Me?!
I was tagged recently in a 20 questions “Get To Know Me” post. It’s been a long time since I have written one of these, so I guess these are brand new answers! I guess this might tell you more than what is on my personal Facebook profile page of the “About Me” page here! Enjoy!
1. Are you named after anyone?
- Not anyone in particular. There are a lot of gals with the name “Kathryn” on my Mom’s side of the family so that’s how that came to be.
2. When was the last time you cried?
- Last night reading a blog about a family’s dying child. Fuck.
3. Do you have kids?
- Yes two – a boy who is 3 and girl who is almost 8. They are my world.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
- Sure thing. I’m loyal to a fault and I never not show up… or not respond to texts or emails when plans have been made. Not pointing fingers or anything…
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
- Facetious to a fault
6. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- Eyes. If someone laughs or smiles a lot, there are the crow’s feet and I think those add character. I like seeing that on someone.
7. What is your eye color?
- Blue… like my Dad and Grandpa!
8. Scary movie or happy endings?
- Happy endings. I’m a very visual person, so scary movies mess with my brain, even though I know it is ALL FAKE.
9. Do you have any special talents?
- As in I won a conch blowing contest once… then yes I do!
10. Do you have any pets?
- Sadly, not right now. I have loved and loss.
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Um… still trying to decide! I always wanted to be a talk show host, so maybe that?
12. Who was your first best friend?
- If I remember correctly, it was kindergarten, I lived in St. Catherine’s and her name was Leila.
13. How tall are you?
- Not tall enough, barely 5’7. I wanted to be 5’10.
14. How many countries have you visited?
- South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Italy, Switzerland, England, Ireland, Scotland, United States of America, Bahamas, Cuba, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos, Mexico, Honduras, St. Maarten… I think that’s it!Booked for 2018 – Jamaica! I like to travel.. a lot. My passport is constantly itching to be stamped and I love the chaos of airports.
15. What was your favorite/worst subject in High School?
- Physical Education and by that I specifically mean gym class! I was a jock, but not a jock… a “jock” that read books and was not part of the in crowd, but very physically inclined. Make sense?
16. What is your favorite perfume?
- Princess by Vera Wang. Cheesy, I know.
17. What would you name your children?
- My kids have exceptional names! If there was ever another girl, her name would be Nahlah Evangeline. For another boy, I would want to name him Cathal or Niall. To clarify, these are mythical children, it’s unlikely they will ever exist.
18. What sports do you play/have you played?
- Karate, rugby, rowing, softball, soccer, basketball, volleyball…
19. What phone do you currently use?
- I use an iPhone 6, nothing fancy!
20. Tell us one of your bad habits!
- Staying up too late, falling down online rabbit holes! I don’t sleep enough and that is by my own design.
Hope this was somewhat enjoyable! I’m not sure how much of this is new information to anyone as I am fairly open and I do not hide much at all!
For this, I want to tag Heather Van Mil and Joey Fortman…