Work With Me
Thank you for considering me to help promote you, your business, your products and/or your services. I hope we are a good fit. I’m looking forward to participating as a brand ambassador, making video posts, reviews and am open to suggestions of ways we can work together. As my blog is orientated around travel and family activities, it’s only appropriate that your product be something that can assist my family in making a trip or experience easier. As a total FYI, I don’t cook, I’m horrible at it (my husband won’t even eat it), so I’m afraid any food type relations are not a fit unless they have to do with speeding up my metabolism and they are pre-packaged, then I will be all over it!
A variety of advertising options are available on Kathryn Anywhere, including:
- VIDEO: this is what you’re after isn’t it? Videos custom designed. Contact to speak about scope of work and for rates
- Sponsored Posts /Advertorials: Original articles and also accept articles provided by the sponsor.
- Button Advertisements and Text Links: Please contact for current rates
- Press Events/FAM Trips: Contact for availability
- Twitter Parties: Contact for rates and available dates
- Reviews & Giveaways: Free of charge if review and giveaway are combined. Contributors available to review items for other ages/genders
Please note that any endorsement given on this blog is mine and my family’s personal viewpoint and does not reflect the thoughts, opinions or policies of any other corporation.
My review panel consists of myself, my husband, our son who is 3 and our daughter who is 7. For some background on us – I am an award winning Canadian television editor and my husband has four Gemini and Canadian Screen Award nominations himself. I worked at CBC in current affairs programming for 8 years, left and then spent time cutting reality programming, worked at 16×9 on Global television for two years and have returned to reality programming again, my recent work is Income Property on HGTV and Hockey Wives on W Network. My husband has been at CBC for more than 15 years, his shows include working at Dragon’s Den and the National and he blogs over at Tough Daddy. Together, we run a company that concentrates on creative video storytelling, On Fire Films, we are extremely tech savvy and always have something on the burner.
I have spoken at She’s Connected Conference in 2012, Blissdom in 2015 and Dad 2.0 Summit this past February all on the topic of video production.
Here are a few policies right up front:
This is our preferred work realm, we are experts at doing this. We shoot, direct, vblog, edit, colour correct, and teach it. We have our own Nikon DSLR, lighting kit and Go Pro Hero3 that we travel with and we have 2 edit suites in our home fully equipped with Avid, FCP and Premiere. Additional gear can be obtained, please enquire.
Product Review policies:
- We will have to personally use and test each and every review sample.
- All shipping and transportation fees to us will be the responsibility of the product company.
- Products sent to us for review are not returned unless defective.
- If during the testing process, we are not satisfied with your product, I will contact to discuss matters in private – I will never blast, slander or disappoint you or your product in the public space.
- Reviews will include product details, links back to your site, pictures (ones you provide and/or ones of our family using your product if applicable). These posts will also be shared on Twitter and my personal Facebook page and I may email posts to others who may be interested in use of product.
- Giveaways are strongly suggested, but NEVER required (like I can’t give a trip to Walt Disney World away for free as much as I am asked for it). But, consider this – offering a giveaway of your product helps to increase traffic your site and provides more exposure of your products or services.
- Giveaways will begin upon posting and run for 14 days unless otherwise noted or agreed upon.
- Giveaways will be promoted within the blog, as well as on Twitter, my personal Facebook page, and various syndication methods.
- The mandatory entry will usually require our readers to visit your site and identify an item they like.
- I can ask our readers to “like” your Facebook page, follow you on Twitter, subscribe by email to your newsletter, etc. for bonus entries. However, per Facebook rules we cannot ask the reader to take an action on Facebook for an entry, such as suggesting to friends, commenting on your wall etc.
- I will select the giveaway winner using random.org and notifying them by email. When they reply back, I will forward you their shipping information and any other product selection information that may be needed. I am not responsible for further correspondence.
- You will be responsible for shipping prizes to the winners and at your cost.
- Giveaways without a review product are subject to a fee due to the time and effort it takes to host, promote, and run a giveaway.
… Another option would be to offer my readers a discount to purchase or use your product in addition too or instead of a giveaway…
Sponsored Posts / Advertising Space:
I totally get if you are not interested in a review or giveaway or it’s not right for your company. You still have the opportunity for advertising on my blog. This can be in the form of ad space on the blog or a sponsored post or video done by you or me.
Please contact me (email here) to discuss your interest, options, and pricing. Advertising will be posted within 72 hours of receiving payment (payment via paypal, email money transfer and certified cheque at this time only).
To be negotiated. Please note – nothing is free. Media Kit here: kathryn dickson – december 2017 media kit
The items and/or services featured on my blog in reviews, giveaways, or any other form of advertisement must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Things my family could use ourselves.
- Things we would use and purchase ourselves.
- Things I genuinely believe my audience (again, note this is travel orientated) would be interested in.