Did you know… It’s National Popcorn Day in Canada! To celebrate, Cineplex Movie Theatres is treating the over 8 million SCENE cardholders across Canada to a free bag of fluffy, buttery goodness (that’s popcorn). TODAY ONLY!
The offer is available at all of Cineplex’s 163 theatres across Canada for every movie and every showtime on Friday, January 19, 2018. To take part in NationalPopcorn Day festivities, SCENE members simply need to scan their membership card or the barcode on the SCENE app at the theatre’s concession to receive a free small bag of Cineplex’s famous popcorn. The offer is valid for one bag per SCENE member and cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions.
Cineplex will also be sharing its passion for popcorn across the Greater Toronto Area on January 19 with the help of a popcorn-inspired food truck. The truck will be visiting high-traffic areas across the city to hand out free, freshly-made popcorn to the public. Interested in popping by to visit the popcorn truck? Keep an eye on @CineplexMovies for route details and follow along using the hashtag #NationalPopcornDay.
Cineplex Popcorn Fast Facts:
- Cineplex anticipates serving more than 200 million kernels of popcorn on National Popcorn Day. And why is that popcorn so delicious? Cineplex actually has a signature popcorn recipe exclusive to its theatres
- Movie-lovers in Saskatchewan consume more popcorn per capita than any other province
- Movie-lovers in Edmonton (AB) consume more popcorn than anywhere else in Canada
- Cineplex pops roughly 29 billion popcorn kernels over the course of a year
- If laid end to end, that’s enough popcorn to climb the CN Tower in Toronto (ON) nearly one million times, the Calgary Tower in Calgary(AB) nearly three million times, the Peace Tower in Ottawa (ON) nearly six million times, and the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal(QC) over nine million times
- If laid end to end, that’s enough popcorn to pass Confederation Bridge in Prince Edward Island over 42,000 times
- If you laid popcorn kernels end-to-end from coast-to-coast beginning at Cineplex’s theatre in St. John’s (NFLD) and ending at its theatre in Victoria(BC), it would take more than 373 million popped kernels to span the distance